My Goal

To get back into writing, I am working on this blog. I have missed writing for far too long, and will keep this updated. I will cover current events on the world's landscape. I may also publish some poetry and other nonfiction work from time to time.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome to the Blog

Hello to my fellow writers and journalists.

I've recently realized that I have had something missing in my life as of late: writing.

While I was a student at Eastern Illinois University, working at the student newspaper kept me going. I had an outlet for my vision and creativity. I was also allowed to explore a variety of things that were new to me including design and podcasting.

I've yet to be able to make my way into a journalism career. I would love for that to be in writing and editing, although public relations isn't looking too shabby either.

I am starting this blog as a way to get back to my roots. I need to keep writing more and more to feel whole. I need my creativity expressed.

I plan to use this blog to discuss issues in journalism and current events. I like feature work because I feel as though it gets at the heart of the story. The subject is allowed to truly shine.

I may also post some poetry from time to time, as I have not written very much lately.

I am also willing to take your suggestions for anything you'd like me to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment