My Goal

To get back into writing, I am working on this blog. I have missed writing for far too long, and will keep this updated. I will cover current events on the world's landscape. I may also publish some poetry and other nonfiction work from time to time.

Monday, May 17, 2010

The latest battle: business owners

I am currently trying to write a story about a business owner who is opening up a new business.

As far as I know, and logic can dictate, he would want the publicity. Publicity would only draw customers in. It would bring out the curious customers who do not happen to hear about he restaurant. I would find that a little bit hard to believe that people haven't heard about it, since I am writing about a small town. Nonetheless, I am trying just to do an informative article with hope of a feature angle.

This is still proving a struggle.

At the moment, I am playing phone tag. A scheduled call (since I am without transportation for the moment) wasn't even quite enough.

I am trying to be understanding. I can't imagine owning a business being an easy venture. I'm sure plenty stress exists without a journalist trying to call and take up valuable time.

However, I am getting increasingly frustrated and irritated. I see this as a simple story that I should be able to get done. I can't foresee the interview taking much more than 20 minutes.

Does anyone know of any tips?

I am determined to interview this gentleman. The funny thing is that, as of yet, I've yet to know his name, much less how I will spell it in my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment